Thursday 21 September 2023

Faffing around with vintage fabrics!




I love vintage cotton fabric, especially that which is from the 1930s/1940s. The designs are lovely and the quality is good considering its age.




I’ve been putting together small packs for crafters who like smaller pieces but although I still have a reasonable stash, I’ve been looking to replenish that in order to add interest to my eBay items. 




But vintage fabric from that era, although reasonably easy to find in the US, is becoming so very expensive! Feedsack fabric, with its fascinating history, is now costing a fortune! Shipping costs are high and then there’s the VAT to pay. And there is only so much that customers will pay!




These are examples of some of my present stock




Here below are packs that I’ve sold in the past.







I’m hoping to make up more acts similar to these as soon as I hear from a friend who saves bags of scraps for me!

Meanwhile, my vintage fabrics can be found here






 

4 comments:

  1. My wife uses vintage fabrics all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful, colourful fabrics and possibly more demands than you can meet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depending on the definition of vintage, I have got quite a collection of vintage fabrics mostly dating from the 60s and 70s. Like I say, if they count as vintage. they'll be on their way to the charity shop soon I can think of far worse things to do than spend an afternoon playing with vintage fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely selection of fabrics! I'm using (mostly) vintage fabrics to make my little fabric owls at the moment. My favourite fabrics though are vintage African fabrics, beautiful and unusual.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)