Sunday 18 September 2022

Old dresser…New dresser…




When we moved house, recently, I had to get rid of my trusty old 6 ft dresser; how I’d loved that dresser, especially at Christmas, when it would come alive with my ‘Christmas Village’ china as well as all the extras that Christmas brings with it: jams, pickles, teas, candles etc etc. 

However, it wouldn’t fit into our new home and so off it went to its new home.





My task was to set about finding a new, 5 foot dresser and in doing so, I discovered a company called Wye Pine. I thought it would make a change to have a painted dresser and so after much thought and deliberation and going through colour charts, I decided on ...yellow! 
Yes, yellow! 😁




Wye Pine offered a superb service, custom building my dresser to my exact specifications and after many emails back and forth, my dresser was born! And on Friday, it arrived all the way from Herefordshire.




 I sat, in anticipation! And after it was delivered and put in place, you can imagine the fun…




                  I played to my heart’s content!😂



     
I’ve a bit of thing for china! It’s bonkers really! Over the years, I’ve collected Portmerion ‘Botanic Garden’ ; Poole Pottery ‘Springtime’; Susie Cooper ‘Iris’ And anything of Emma Bridgewater’s lovely range of designs! I’ve also inherited some Villeroy and Boch ‘ Petite Fleur’ and Spode ‘ Clover’.




                              My cupboards are full to bursting! 




The pottery cockerel is a piece of Torquay Pottery and the sailing ship plates are from a limited edition set by Poole Pottery, that I’ve owned for some years.







I’m very happy with my new dresser! It’s certainly settled into its new home very quickly, with no fuss and it’s not even homesick for Herefordshire! 😁 





      And now, as today is Sunday, I’m going to use the appropriate plates …




            And I might just raise a mug to my new dresser! 😁




2 comments:

  1. Sal, love your new dresser - the color and dimensions perfect.
    Gorgeous selection/collection of china. I'm an Emma Bridgewater fan too - have several of her mugs and dishes in Black Toast. The plate with the rooster is super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love the Black Toast too! 😁

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)