Monday 5 April 2021

The Veg Trug with no veg!

About four or five years ago, I was lucky enough to obtain a Veg Trug. It’s a wonderful raised bed on legs..and it’s nice and sturdy. I put trellis behind it so that I can add a couple of new climbers.However, I’ve never grown veg in the Trug, preferring to grow herbs. 




Over the last week, I’ve been tidying it;  that is trimming, planting and gritting.




I’ve added a few succulents for variety as well as a couple of Cowslips for colour.




The lovely, coloured, pottery labels were made for me by my daughter in law a couple of years ago.





So my Veg Trug is now looking all spruced up, ready to spring into action! I hope! 😁




4 comments:

  1. We have a Vegtrug which is very deep, so carrots grow very well there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you need now is a ghetto blaster on your shoulder so that you can keep on trugging πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a good idea and it looks so pretty too. I am going to try my hand at making my own plant labels, yours are so clever. I'm really glad to find your blog! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to not have to bend way down, to get at what you are growing!

    πŸ”†πŸŒŸπŸŒΌπŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸŒŸπŸ”†

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)