Sunday 14 March 2021

Mothering Sunday 2021

    Today, in the U.K. it’s Mothering Sunday ...or Mother’s Day.

    I’m so very lucky that my two children live not too far away, with their

    families. Thus, they were able to drop by with a gift or two. And if anything

    has served to bring such joy on this lovely sunny day, then it was their 

    smiling faces. Now, it just so happens that it’s also my husband’s birthday today! 

    So ‘double bubble’ as they say! ( He’s very happy as he has both 

    football and cricket to keep him occupied!)

    My daughter presented me with her own creation...and oh my goodness!

    I think this is the most delicious cake that I’ve ever tasted! ( Both of my children

    are really excellent cooks!)



    

         She also bought me some flowers and some flavoured tea.



     They know how much I love a nice card...they even know that I prefer

     the words, ‘Mothering Sunday’ if there are words to be had

     thus my daughter hunted high and low for hers!

     And my son knows me inside out and he always chooses well.



    And that’s not just with cards...



 
So, knowing how much I love Cowslips, he brought me this, already 

planted in a beautiful pot. As well as this, he gave me two glasses, 

decorated with flowers and bees as well as an accompanying 

bottle in the same design. So very pretty.



     I’m one lucky mum!


    
        So there we are. And I will of course be very much thinking of my own mum

        who sadly isn’t with us any longer. 
     



2 comments:

  1. What lovely special gifts, and yes that cake looks absolutely delicious. How wonderful they live close by to visit you. Sounds like a really good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I saw on my calendar that it is "Mothering Sunday" in the UK. Happy, Happy Day to you.

    I prefer this "Mothering Sunday," to our "Mother's Day." -smile- It sounds so much prettier.

    Oh that cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A Show-Stopper for sure.

    And Happy Birthday to your husband! Yet another March Birthday Person! -smile- Mine is late in the month, and our first Grand Child's is later still, in March.

    😊😊😊😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)