Wednesday 10 March 2021

Dahlias

 


It’s always a treat when something that you ordered a few months ago,

finally arrived this week! Dahlias! 

Of course, had I photographed them in their present state, it wouldn’t 

make for such a colourful blog post! 

When I ordered many of them, from Sarah Raven I realised that I’d chosen

a number of similar, ‘peachy’ shades and so I added a few dark red, pink and yellow 

varieties from Farmer Gracy. These are two of my favourite, garden websites..

(But I do have more!) And I have found that during the past year, many have,

 what I call, ‘Upped their game’ . I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how the 

quality of both the plants and the packing has improved greatly.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to planting these and enjoying what they have to 

offer, later in the summer!

* From the top, left to right:

Bishop of York; Wine Eyed Jill; Sam Hopkins; Bishop of Llandaff; Preference;

Labyrinth; Waltzing Matilda; White Onesta; Happy Single Kiss; Mr Frans; 

Nicholas; Karma Sangria; Belle of Barnet’s; Kelsey Sunshine; Fashion Monger;

Teasbrooke Audrey; Tam Tam; Yellow Happiness; Sincerity; Night Butterfly.



4 comments:

  1. I have Labyrinth which is very showy, and Waltzing Matilda. Have you considered a very big one, Cafe au Lait for example? I had one from SR last year and it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...thanks. I think I already have Cafe au Lait!
    There are too many from which to choose, aren’t there?
    ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow they will be lovely. They are something I keep meaning to order but don't! Need to start making lists and being more organised.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)