Tuesday 27 October 2020

Greetings!

       


Between Snow Showers by Martin Truefitt Baker



         My mum always said that what she enjoyed more than anything, 

         on her birthday, at Christmas or on Mothering Sunday, was a lovely card. 

         Thus, I always tried to carefully select a card that was ‘special‘ in some way.

          It might be the theme... or the design ...or the colours... or the words 

          or the lettering...so much to consider!


        



          I’ve always had a bit of an obsession with greetings cards! I love giving

          cards and I love receiving cards; sometimes I even buy a card or two

          and leave them on the dresser because they are so beautiful, so inspiring

          and so cheering. At present, these cards ( and a few more) 

          take pride of place on my dresser.


  


    These are the work of artist Emily Sutton...someone who ooozes talent.

    She has designed for a number of companies and her creations are delightful.

 
Sandpipers with Sea Holly



Winter Walks



Emily just happens to be the partner of another of my very favourite
artists ..Mark Hearld. Goodness knows what it must be like in their house
with all of those creative juices flowing!

And here are a few of his designs...


Winter Fox and Crows


Redwings
 


Redshank

                    


        

                                                        Winter Thrush          



               But that’s not all! 

              Here’s ‘Winter Woodland’ by Angela Harding...



And here’s one of my all time favourite artists .. Robert Gillmor





       The Vegetable Garden by Richard Adams...
       (Oh for a garden like this!)







      Back Gardens in Islington...by Melissa Scott Miller.



              I could go on...and on. But now, it’s time to get on my bike...


              Cycling Home  by Simon Palmer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)