Thursday 9 July 2015

Sweet Peas and Delphiniums!




From a very much longer poem entitled

' I stood tiptoe upon a little hill'

John Keats wrote:

'Here are Sweet Peas, on tip toe for a flight:

With wings of gentle flush o'er delicate white,

And taper fingers catching at all things,

To bind them all about with tiny rings.'









Sadly, Keats couldn't be with me, on Saturday, as I ventured

into the flower tent at Hampton Court Flower Show.

I wonder what he would've thought of the stunning displays?

I bet he would've said,'' Stop, Sal! I need to pen a quick poem!

Give me some words for 'smell!''






Oh, the scent! The aroma! The perfume! 

Pure sweetness is wafting through this room!

Hang on!  Not a room.... a GIANT tent!

You can't beat the Sweet Pea for summer scent!

(Sally 'Keats' Hall ;-) ;-)





Beautiful blooms standing in the hall,

waiting to be admired by all!









A pure delight!

A stunning sight!

Moving on...







I'll never forget the 'wow factor', the 'awe and wonder' and 'standing

 with my mouth agog' when I visited The Chelsea Flower Show for the first

 time in the late 1970s.





Stepping into the flower tent, the sight of the Delphiniums was a joy to behold.






I've treasured that memory for so many years; an experience that

until Saturday, I thought would never be repeated.






And there they were...standing tall, proud and so very BIG!!!


Just two delights from Saturday...more to follow!!

;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)