Wednesday 24 May 2017

Dartington Hall Gardens.





Just over a week ago, we ventured to Dartington Hall Gardens.

And a delightful trip it was too!




If I ever had the chance to study somewhere, I'd choose here! 

My dream would be to have a room overlooking the fine courtyard

and be a student, forever.





It was a beautiful day and we wandered to our hearts' content!







The photos speak for themselves.









This wonderful setting appeals to one's senses.

The sights are stunning!

There is a constant noise of birdsong!

The smells are rich and sweetly perfumed.

You can touch the beautiful barks of the trees.





And you might not be able to taste much but you

certainly gain a real taste for nature!

As for the sense of feeling...oh my!

It is hard to describe it but I came away feeling that

a trip here really helped to put things into perspective.













When we reached here, we had a treat...a Treecreeper was flitting around

 as well as creeping about.

What a delight and ...all for free.








To the families and the Darlington Trust who have cared for and nurtured these beautiful gardens,

I think they are owed a huge thank you. 





I loved this trip.

It cost nothing to go into the gardens...just a small parking fee...

and a donation at the main gate if you feel that you'd like to do so.

I'd say that was a jolly good bargain!



2 comments:

  1. It is lovely there. I love Dartington. There was once a National Trust property there which I missed the opportunity of going to see

    Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What stunning gardens. Only sorry they are so far away from me. However your pictures and words have still helped me 'see' a little slice if it. I can understand your enthusiasm. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)